Apprentice Mechanic position learning the maintenance and safe operation of all Sugar Bowl | Royal Gorge vehicular assets. Safely follow instruction and guidance from Shop Foreman, Fleet and Roads Director, and experienced co-workers to learn the basic maintenance skills of gas and diesel-powered vehicles, as well as an introduction to their corresponding hydraulic and electrical systems.
This position will also be a support system to the Parts & Inventory Supervisor sourcing supplies, creating purchase orders, calling in orders and assisting with annual inventory.
- Must hold courtesy and safety in utmost priority
- Ability to enter data into computer programs
- Willingness to learn the basic maintenance of snowcats, heavy equipment and rubber tire vehicles.
- Willingness to learn the basic troubleshooting and repair of Electrical/Hydraulic systems/Diesel engines
- Willingness to learn the basics of fabrication
- Motivated self-starter who is capable of learning at a fast pace
- Willingness to learn the basic knowledge of the operation of all vehicles / equipment maintained
- Ability to work in, and adapt to, a sometimes high stress, fast paced environment which can include extreme weather and situational conditions
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Check tractors daily for proper operation and fluid levels and perform scheduled services as required
- Conduct basic troubleshooting and repair of gas, diesel engines, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Work with Fleet and Surfaces Director and Shop Supervisor to develop skill sets
- Maintain concise and thorough communication with team members
- Maintain a safe, clean and presentable workplace on a daily basis
- Complete and properly document all work performed
- Prepare parts requisitions; obtain vendor part numbers and occasionally place purchase orders.
- Receive shipments from vendors, check vendor packing slips/invoices for accuracy and ensure quantities received are as stated.
- Assist with annual physical inventory
- Be an advocate for company policies and values.
UNIFORM: We will provide you with a Sugar Bowl jacket, insulated pants, coveralls, and hat.
Pay $20.95/hour – $26/hour dependent on experience.
All employees of Sugar Bowl are expected to comply with all Company policies and procedures. We recommend you review those policies and procedures, as outlined in the Employee Handbook, as part of the job application process.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.