The Steward is an essential member of the Food & Beverage team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our members.
A Steward is responsible for the cleaning, maintenance, and sanitizing of china, glass, silver, kitchen equipment, and kitchen production areas in accordance with production requirements and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean and sanitize China, glass, and silver using the dishwashing machine; load and unload dishware and flatware from dishwashing machine and store properly.
- Clean and sanitize all ovens, steam kettles, mixers and other kitchen equipment as well as all kitchen drains, sinks, floors, and walls; clean, dust, sweep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff kitchen production areas and hallways.
- Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and kitchen utensils using the correct cleaning and rinsing solutions.
- Safely utilize and store all cleaning compounds, chemicals, and materials including soaking solution utilizing the correct protective clothing.
- Dispose of all kitchen waste
- Organizing of cleaning materials and storage shelving.
- Cleaning of any other kitchen areas or equipment as deemed necessary by the kitchen supervisor/chef on duty.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and overtime as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Ability to operate, maintain and properly clean dishwashing machine, sinks, floors, cleaning equipment and silver.
- Good communication skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Minimum of 1 year of food & beverage experience preferred.
- State of California approved current Food Handlers Card
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk up to 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, push, pull, use hands to handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, work with sharp knives and other objects, and walk.
- Must frequently immerse hands in water.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat.
WAGE RANGE: $22 – $24 per hour
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer