Sugar Bowl Resort is looking for a Sous Chef to take direct charge of production, the minute-by-minute supervision of kitchen staff and preparing of all food in any of our restaurants. The Sous Chef ensures all products are prepared to specification in sanitary, professional conditions at all times. The Sous Chef assists the Chef with all aspects of the kitchen and assures smooth operations on a daily basis.
- Excellent knowledge of food and the passionate ability to prepare it professionally
- ServSafe certified in proper food handling techniques
- 3 years or more Sous Chef or comparable experience
- Ability to train kitchen employees in the proper use and cleaning techniques of all equipment and maintains a clean and sanitary facility at all times
- Understanding of costs and ability to prepare food accordingly
- Positive “can do” attitude and team spirit
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Responsible for all food production
- Responsible for excellent quality of food
- Report all failures, deterioration or safety issues of equipment to the Chef or Kitchen Manager
- Responsible for assisting the Chef with all food and labor costs
- Assists in training and developing all kitchen staff
- Experienced chef
- Maintains positive and professional communication with front and back of house staff
- Helps supervise culinary staff quality of product, hours and efficiency
- Maintains a clean and sanitary kitchen
- Has ability to train all staff on equipment
- Adheres to proper storage and rotation of incoming food supplies, maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the walk-ins, freezers, and dry storage areas
- Adheres to all grooming and uniform guidelines, sets the standard for grooming at all times
- Enforces recycling and composting in the venue
- Shovels snow or washes dishes if necessary
- Owns complete and proper kitchen close after each and every shift
Pay $22/hour – $29/hour dependent on experience. Housing Available!
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.