This position is eligible for a $1,500 Sign On Bonus
Bargaining Unit: Non Represented
Rate of Pay: $19.30/hour + DOE
The Associate supports the Store Manager and Store Supervisor to assure that the store is run efficiently, profitably, and safely and follows the direction of the Manager, Supervisor and Senior Associate in coordination of volunteers and processing of donations. The Associate assures that store business is conducted in an ethical manner consistent with the values of Tahoe Forest Hospice and the Tahoe Forest Hospital District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works as an effective member of the Thrift Store and Gift Tree teams.
- Receives and processes donations: sorts through donations, identifying and retaining saleable products.
- Regularly works with management and senior associate to improve on product knowledge and product processing decisions.
- Independently prices household products and books.
- Works with management and senior associate to price clothing and accessories.
- Tags and hangs products.
- Packs up seasonal product following the criteria set by management and senior associate.
- Assists with product placement, stocking and merchandising as directed.
- Works with management to assure volunteers have duties during their shifts.
- Actively participates in ongoing information gathering regarding current retail values and pricing.
- Assures safety and hazardous material standards are maintained in around the thrift store premises.
- Coordinates operations of Thrift Store in the absence of management or senior associate.
- Works assigned schedule including weekends as required. May work extra time to cover for vacations or sick calls. Must be willing to work in all thrift locations and Gift Tree as needed.
- Answers phone calls in a courteous manners, assuring that customers receive polite, accurate information.
- Works regular shifts at the cash register as needed.
- Assists with end of day register duties including bank deposits.
- Assists with loading and unloading furniture and donations.
- Vacuums, dusts and straightens the store as needed.
- Discards garbage and recycle including bags of recycle apparel and footwear.
- Supports the mission of Tahoe Forest Hospice in interactions with volunteers and customers.
- Clearly explains the mission of the Tahoe Forest Hospice and Hospice Gift and Thrift to customers and volunteers as needed.
- Appropriately directs inquiries for Hospice services to Tahoe Forest Hospice personnel.
- Demonstrates System Values in performance and behavior.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No supervisory responsibilities
6 months to one year of relevant experience
Required: Must be bondable