Hello! Thank you for your interest in a position at Sierra Community House, a non-profit offering a range of services that help individuals and families in the North Tahoe/Truckee communities thrive.
Sierra Community House is looking for a Marketing and Development Coordinator to join our team. This dynamic position will support the Development Director in all aspects of marketing, donor cultivation, and fundraising events. If you have excellent communication skills and a passion for advertising strategies, and event planning, we want to meet you. Ultimately, you will ensure our agency’s marketing and fundraising efforts help us achieve our immediate and long-term goals.
The starting wage range for this position begins at $23.38- 26.51 per hour, DOE. A benefit allotment is offered the first of the month following hire date, that covers medical, and the remaining allotment may be used toward a cafeteria of options ranging from dental, vision, and flexible spending accounts for health and/or childcare and 401k, which Sierra Community House provides match up to 3%. Other covered benefits, provided at no cost to the employee, are telehealth for the employee and any immediate family members in the same household, and life insurance. Sierra Community House is an Equal Opportunity Employer. A copy of our policy is available upon request.
Partial Job Description:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2. Minimum of two years of fundraising experience
3. Minimum of one year of communications experience
4. Minimum of one year of public speaking experience
5. Must have a reliable means of transportation and the ability to drive legally with no suspensions or restrictions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. SPECIAL EVENTS/FUNDRAISING EVENTS
1. Assist with planning and marketing of multiple special events, such as the Tahoe Chocolate and Wine Festival, Family Dance, donor recognition events, and other events.
2. Responsible for assisting the Development Director with all aspects of special events including, but not limited to, donor outreach, online communications, securing venue, entertainment, equipment, technology needs, publicity, food and beverages, and printing.
3. Work with designated volunteer committees and staff, including committee chairs.
4. Schedule, attend, and provide administrative support for all event planning meetings.
5. Assist in maintaining existing positive relationships with businesses and individuals on a continuing basis and encourage their ongoing support through sponsorship and donations.
6. Identify opportunities and establish new relationships with businesses and individuals that will generate monetary and non-monetary support.
7. Support in developing and updating special event materials (print and web), including but not limited to press releases, promotional materials, sponsorship packets, acknowledgments.
8. Support Development Director in maintaining accurate records of contributions for sponsor, donor and volunteer acknowledgements, event press listings, mailing lists, etc.
9. Attend all events.
B. VOLUNTEER AND DONOR MANAGEMENT
1. Work closely with Volunteer Coordinator to recruit fundraising and special event volunteers, including identifying current and past volunteers, or preparing press releases, flyers, and other publicity materials to recruit new volunteers.
2. Notify Volunteer Coordinator about need for volunteer assistance and coordinate recruitment and training of volunteer.
3. Assist Operations and Communications Director in researching donors and strategizing contacts.
4. Support Development Director in meeting with donors and sharing funding requests.
5. Maintain donor profiles in the donor database, Network for Good.
C. MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS
1. Maintain events information on agency website as needed, including managing the blog.
2. Participate in production of agency’s electronic newsletter.
3. Participate in relevant collaborative meetings.
4. Participate in agency awareness events as needed.
5. Own the main content calendar for blog and social media accounts across the organization. Including cultural events, awareness months, and relevant public events. In partnership with other designated staff, coordinates agency’s social media strategy including daily updates to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram; work with staff and volunteers on content creation.
6. Manages and writes, as relevant to events, articles for the local media outlets, work with staff and volunteers on content creation.
7. Write and submit PSAs for the local radio stations, as relevant to events; work with staff and volunteers on content creation.
8. Monitor print and online news outlets for relevant information in a timely manner.
9. Provide public speaking on events when needed.
10. Provide proactive ideas for marketing content and storytelling on a regular basis.
11. Manage the required cross-promotion of partners and grantors, as needed and required by funding.
12. Distribute internal communications as needed including agency newsletters.
You must sign in to apply for this position.