Property Maintenance Technician provides day-to-day maintenance of the property under the direction of Management. This includes preventive maintenance tasks, as well as responding to maintenance emergencies, daily repairs, and other duties as assigned. Our Maintenance Technicians are resourceful, hardworking, and great at applying common sense solutions to keep our houses looking sharp while saving the company money by minimizing deferred maintenance costs and avoiding expensive third-party vendor service calls. Continuously work towards and supports the improvement of maintenance service to both guests and owners. Must be self-motivated, as this position is a midday shift with little supervision after 5pm.
Schedule: 2:00pm- 10:00pm Friday-Tuesday
Training will be 10am-6pm Friday-Tuesday Maintenance Responsibilities Exterior Tasks:
· Installing handrails on steps (interior and exterior)
· Repairing deck and railing that is damaged or rotted.
· Re-sealing and painting decks and exterior siding
· Basic fence repairs
· Cleaning out gutters
· Basic landscaping including French drains, mulching, tree trimming, etc.
· Installing thermostats
· Troubleshooting HVAC issues
· Installing window AC units and portable heaters
· Installing smoke & CO2 detectors
· Fixing / reattaching towel racks
· Fixing / reattaching window coverings
· Hanging wall art
· Drywall repair and interior painting
· Hanging curtain rods
· Replacing light bulbs
· Removing and/or treating for insects and pests
· Able to assist with basic pest control.
· Replacing/repairing carpet and installing LVP
· Change out switches and do basic electrical work
· Able to install and troubleshoot appliance issues with washer & dryer, stove/oven, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave
· Unclogging drains
· Fixing leaking faucets (sink and shower)
· Fixing leaking toilets (changing out and replacing wax ring)
· Replacing toilet guts
· More extensive experience in construction, HVAC, plumbing, electrical or other trades is a major benefit
· Must be able to lift and move heavy objects (mainly pieces of furniture) up to 50 pounds unassisted.
· Willing to travel to other nearby markets if needed
Qualifications and Experience
· Ability to build, implement, and track a comprehensive preventive maintenance program.
· Attention to detail: maintenance issues must be documented and reported. Time tracking is also important, so work can be appropriately assigned and billed.
· Fluency in written and spoken English is required; ability to also speak Spanish is a major benefit.
· An active listener who can think quickly and critically under pressure.
· Able to confidently solve complex problems quickly, while controlling costs
· Ability to calmly thrive under pressure, perform consistently and work with a sense of urgency.
· Previous experience in property management, maintenance, or construction
· Must be resourceful and willing to pitch in wherever needed.
· Must be a self-starter, and able to recognize need before a task is assigned.
· Must have a valid US Driver’s License and reliable vehicle.
· Please note this is a 24/7/365 hospitality business.
· Maintenance: 3 years (Required)
· Property management: 2 years (Preferred) License/Certification:
You must sign in to apply for this position.