The Banquet Houseperson Lead organizes the houseperson team to tend to the set up and break down of each event, clean up of event space and the return of equipment to the proper location at the conclusion of events. Housepersons will check out with Houseperson lead before leaving and after completing sets and breakdowns to ensure work is done. This position will ensure that “pulls” all have correct quantities, specifications & are delivered to proper event locations. The Banquet Houseperson Lead is the liaison between Houseperson Ambassadors, the Banquet Captains and the Banquet Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes the set up and break down of event spaces
- Checks the pull equipment and goods for events to ensure correct quantities and deliveries to specified locations
- Set up, stock, and maintain work areas
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of storage and service areas
- Ensure that soiled equipment and linens are taken to their designated areas daily
- Ensure daily pick up of washed equipment and linens and deliver to banquet storage areas so they are restocked
- Polish all requested equipment for events
- Follow company safety and security procedures, report accidents, incidents or unsafe areas to appropriate manager
- Ensure your appearance and your houseperson ambassadors are always professional and clean
- Verify all sets are completed according to BEO (Banquet Event Order) specifications
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships within the organization.
- Bilingual preferred (English / Spanish)
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Excellent verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to work with limited direction
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- One year experience in banquets or events is preferred but not required
- Must have valid driver’s license to drive the golf carts (you will only be scheduled alone if you possess a valid driver’s license)
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. assisted and 50lbs without assistance
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment
- Must be able to reach, bend, kneel, pull & push to assist with storage cleaning duties and event space maintenance
WAGE RANGE: $18 – $20 per hour plus service charges
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our employment page to apply: Employment – Martis Camp