The PlumpJack Host will facilitate seating and reservations for the restaurant, and to provide a gracious initial contact for arriving guest. T
- To understand and respond to all guest needs and requests in a timely and professional manner, deferring to the F&B Manager, when necessary, to ensure customer satisfaction.
- To extend a courteous, friendly, and professional greeting to guests at arrival, and to thank them at departure.
- To make the manager aware of all guest comments and complaints.
- To be aware, always, of current house count, visiting VIP’s and hotel functions, to provide personalized service to guests.
- To provide prompt, efficient, and gracious service, in person or over the telephone, including making restaurant reservations, greeting guests with salutations, seating guests as they arrive, providing menus, and responding to all requests for information regarding the restaurant and hotel.
- To oversee and ensure continuity of service in the dining room, including assisting service staff, as necessary.
- To ensure proper rotation of service stations when seating guests.
- To ensure the cleanliness and good condition of all menus, check presenters and wine lists used during each shift.
- To void or make changes to guest checks, as needed, to ensure customer satisfaction and correct procedures.
- To requisition from Purchasing, as directed, any storeroom items that need to be replenished.
- To properly record covers, staffing, service flow and guest comments in logbook, for each shift.
- To represent PlumpJack in a positive and professional manner as requested and continually promote SVI internally and externally by attending special events when requested and building relationships both on and off property.
- To promote and comply with all policies and procedures of PlumpJack Hotels, LLC.
- To immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions and avoid injury to self and others.
- To always maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas and equipment.
- To attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
- To perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 months of equivalent experience in food service
- Strong sense of urgency with an ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong sense of customer service standards and expectations & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Maintain a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company appearance standards
- Punctual, with the ability to report at scheduled start time
- Customer service experience in a hotel restaurant
- Stands and walks for majority of shift
- Constantly required to interact with people of all kinds in a courteous, friendly, helpful, and diplomatic manner.
- Bends, climbs, stoops, and lifts to perform routine job tasks.
- Occasionally required to handle and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. over short to moderate distances.
- Heavy use of phones daily