Martis Camp Club is the premier private Club in the Lake Tahoe area and is looking to be recognized as one of the best four-season, year-round mountain Club and Communities in the western United States. We are seeking a Fitness Center Coordinator who can contribute positive energy, contagious enthusiasm, depth of knowledge and hands on participation to our TEAM and other departments in a private Club environment. The expectation is to be known for our gracious approach with consistent and exceptional service to the members and their guests while being available and approachable.
Note, this job is available as either a Part-Time or Full-Time position.
The Fitness Center Coordinator (“FCC”) is responsible for maintaining all aspects of the fitness center operation to ensure the highest levels of service and standards for our Membership. The FCC is expected to take opening and closing shifts, make consistent hourly loops of the gym to tidy amenities, wipe down equipment, and engage with Members. The FCC maintains and ensures immaculate gym and fitness studio facilities for our Membership and their guests. Responsibilities for this position include welcoming members, explaining fitness programs and activities, educating members on how to use the equipment, organizing and cleaning equipment, providing basic fitness information, reporting and resolving member issues, maintaining attendance records, setting-up group fitness classes, and ensuring safety rules and regulations are enforced. The position formulates partnerships across the locker room and Camp Lodge pool departments, to ensure a seamless amenity experience. Must have weekend and holiday availability.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Warmly greet members entering fitness center. Assist member with signing-in to the facility.
- Make members feel welcomed by learning and using their names and using it in conversation; interact with every member utilizing the fitness facilities
- Keep members in the fitness facility safe by enforcing safety guidelines and be ready to respond to an emergency (CPR/AED certification).
- Make loops of the fitness and pool facilities every 20-minutes from open through end-of-day to re-rack weights, clean mats, wipe down machines, restock towels, organize, etc.
- Stock and maintain fitness supplies (towels, water, wipes, headphones, drinks, etc.) at the gym, fitness studio and Camp Lodge pool.
- Demonstrate proper use of cardiovascular, strength training, and other fitness equipment. Walk the fitness floor on a regular basis and offer to help spot members.
- Assist in managing fitness classes in Foretees – communicating with Members and instructors regarding class changes as needed.
- Accurately and promptly charge members for fitness classes and beverages in Jonas.
- Assist in fitness class setup and take down.
- Assist or lead weekly kids’ fitness classes and assist in sports camps.
- Assist members in seeking out health and wellness information and answering questions (facility, equipment, fitness class offerings, special events, hikes, spa offerings, lap swimming, etc.).
- Set and monitor appropriate music and television channels
- Record daily member usage of fitness center and studio room for monthly counts
- Follow Martis Camp policies and procedures and employee handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships with Members.
- Must be able to work holidays, weekends and evenings as assigned.
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- CPR and AED Certification
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, kneel, stand, twist, sit, and walk throughout the day.
- Ability to stand/ walk for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to twist, kneel, bend repeatedly when moving inventory, assisting members, and during site clean-up.
WAGE RANGE: $20-$25 per hour
*Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer.
**Martis Camp maintains a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug screen is required for this position.