- Assist with dining area and buffet line set up as needed
- Serve guest at buffet line standard portion size, with guest requests taken into consideration
- Provide customers with top quality customer service in a friendly and positive manner.
- Effectively assist food and beverage service, guest attention, and overall logistics of banquet events by way of set-up, clear communication, and teamwork, while maintaining the company’s standard for excellence, resulting in the overall success of banquet events.
- Set up serving trays, carry trays to dining area.
- Refill beverages, rolls, condiments as needed.
- Communicates with wait staff, cooks and manager about guest needs, business levels as needed.
- Bus tables, carry plates, glasses to bus station or dish station
- Assist with breakdown of event
- Exhibit menu, beverage, and wine knowledge
- Adhere to all state liquor laws and state health regulations
- Adhere to the Safety policy and all other company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of equivalent experience in food service
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage service standards and procedures
- Knowledge of California liquor license laws
- Strong sense of urgency with an ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong sense of customer service standards and expectations & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Maintain a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company appearance standards
- Punctual, with the ability to report at scheduled start time
- California Food Handler card
- Responsible Beverage Service certification
- Stands and walks for majority of shift
- Constantly required to interact with people of all kinds in a courteous, friendly, helpful, and diplomatic manner.
- Bends, climbs, stoops, and lifts to perform routine job tasks.
- Occasionally required to handle and move objects weighing up to 50 lbs. over short to moderate distances.
Starting at $20 an hour and increases with experience and performance.