The Communications Manager (CM) will be responsible for Ambassador (employee) communication while also supporting the communication needs of the Club and its membership.
Ambassadors: The CM will communicate and contribute to company culture through creative content including weekly information sheets, monthly digital newsletters, and Ambassador of the Month accolades; manage the internal recognition platform (WorkTango); assist with hosting seasonal Ambassador events; assist as needed with social media and advertising for recruiting purposes. The CM will regularly and proactively meet with Department Heads to solicit information for upcoming events and programming for marketing needs.
Club and membership: The CM will manage and update the Club mobile app and reservations system; update the company website with guidance from the Creative Director; proactively create print and digital content that connects with the Club calendar of Member events and activities including Club posters, fliers, menu updates, and various seasonal design needs; shoot event and location photography for use in content creation. Additionally, the Communications Manager oversees the Concierge desk operations, providing support when necessary, to ensure that the team is properly informed and trained to answer any Club-related questions and provide an outstanding Member Experience with every interaction.
The CM will operate within the boundaries of the yearly schedule, budget and Club Rules, under the direction of the General Manager and in accordance with the Club Vision, Mission, Goals and service standards. The CM will carry out management responsibilities including oversight of the Concierge team in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable Federal and State laws.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create weekly Ambassador Information Sheets, monthly digital newsletters, and additional Ambassador e-blasts as needed.
- Coordinate Ambassador of the Month presentations throughout the year.
- Manage Ambassador notice boards and Ambassador of the Month boards.
- Post messaging collateral at Club amenities
- Assist with hosting seasonal Ambassador events.
- Oversee internal recognition platform (WorkTango) by keeping incentives and rewards catalogs updated; approving Ambassador-requested incentives; updating branding and other content; issuing “Martis Camp Bucks” gift certificates to Ambassadors requesting to use their points on property.
- Assist the Food & Beverage team with menu design and weekly updates.
- Create event posters, shuttle posters, and other signage for the property as needed.
- Participate in the review of summer and winter Club event calendars; confirm the accuracy of all information communicated to the membership.
- Update the website and app on a daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonal basis with various forms of content including letters, meeting notes, community updates, event information, photos, etc.; oversee the associated reservation systems on both platforms to ensure seamless use by Members, as well as managers entering content.
- Assist the Creative Director with event and location photography for content creation.
- Work with the lead Concierge and other concierge staff to ensure close connection to all communication and related member services.
- Attend Club Operations meetings, typically held on a weekly basis.
- Contribute to positive company culture through content, messaging, and outlook
- Work within an annual budget, with monthly variance review, assisted by the CFO.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet project deadlines.
- Experience with copywriting; strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Experience with email marketing and creating digital content.
- Experience in graphic design and typography.
- Experience with lithographic and digital printing; sending projects to press.
- Experience with DSLR photography, image resolution, and photography fundamentals.
- Experience with website content management; knowledge of HTML preferred.
- Familiarity with app design and maintenance preferred.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) preferred.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Marketing, Graphic Design or a related field.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Constant Contact, and related design/publishing software.
- Minimum 3-5 years in a communications or marketing position required.
- Preference is given to applicants with a design portfolio; link or PDF (limited to 10 mb) accepted.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to work evenings, holidays, and weekends as needed.
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions, including summer sun, winter cold weather, snow, and ice are possible when performing photography functions.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods and perform tasks that require bending, stooping, kneeling, bending, twisting, crouching, climbing, reaching, standing, sitting, carrying, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping.
This role will be privy to and included in discussions containing sensitive and/or confidential information. Due to the unique nature of the Club, the Club’s Board of Managers, the COO, the GM, the Club’s members, the “club business and matters”, and the Club in general; all have a high expectation of privacy, and the Club intends to preserve and protect this information with an expectation of privacy.
Members, Guests, Ambassadors, and other clients of the Club deserve the utmost privacy and confidentiality. No Ambassador will disclose in conversation, via social media or electronic messaging, or any other form of written or oral communication, the usage of the Club, or any information about the membership roster of Martis Camp. No Ambassador may ask for photos or autographs.
WAGE RANGE: $70,000-$75,000 annually.
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer