The Chef Tournant is assigned to be a culinary supervisor for one or more outlets including: Lookout Lodge, Camp Lodge Bar Bistro, elegant dining, Family Barn, banquets and catering, Beach Shack, and Martis Perk. The Chef Tournant should expect to be rotated into different areas with or without advance notice. The Chef Tournant facilitates food production and provides leadership and management for the culinary staff to ensure that the standards as set forth by the Executive Chef are adhered to; maintains control systems assuring quality and portion consistency and fosters an awareness of the importance of food preparation.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide supervision of the Culinary Department by adhering to the standards and direction of the Executive Chef.
- Leadership by example and hands on execution
- Oversee culinary production in outlet which they are assigned and maintain menu and product knowledge for all outlets on property.
- Ensure established culture and core standards are met.
- Communicate with Executive Chef to ensure successful coordination of product ordering, variances, spoilage, and excess inventories.
- Strives to continuously improve flow of production and all other outputs by submitting ideas in writing to Executive Chef.
- Assist in planning and developing special menus for the property considering factors such as product availability, food and service cost, marketing conditions and business volume.
- Ensure sanitation standards as set forth by Martis Camp, local, state, and federal regulations comply as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
- Supervise and carry out control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
- Communicate with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met and fostering a trusting environment where everyone’s opinion is shared and valued.
- Lead with inspiration.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced knife skills
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships within the organization.
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Ability to supervise a large culinary team, have a strong understanding of various techniques, and be able to contribute to and has experience in high volume food sales
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a culinary supervisor
- State of California approved current Food Handlers Card
- High school education or equivalent (Culinary School graduate preferred)
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk up to 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, push, pull, use hands to handle or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, work with sharp knives and other objects, and walk.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat
WAGE RANGE: $31.25 – $36.25 per hour
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer
Please visit our employment page to apply: Employment – Martis Camp