Truckee Cultural District’s Program Manager will work closely with Nevada County Arts Council and
District partners, in particular, Truckee Arts Alliance. Truckee Arts Alliance is a collaborative of artists and
culture bearers across all disciplines, inviting community stakeholders who believe in the role of the arts
as a lever for change. Truckee Arts Alliance inspires, catalyzes and advocates for art and culture in
Truckee and Eastern Nevada County. It engages the Truckee arts community as one sound “voice” for the
arts and supports the work of Truckee Cultural District under the California Cultural District Program.
Reports to: Executive Director, Nevada County Arts Council, as lead partner for Truckee Cultural District
Location: In-person at Truckee Cultural District’s office in Truckee, CA. Please only apply if you
can meet this requirement.
- Maintaining an annual profile of Truckee Cultural District, including past, current and future demographic trends; analyzing and recording the tangible and intangible elements of the district’s cultural heritage; identifying areas of concern that could inhibit the preservation of the district’s unique culture; and proposing solutions and strategies to support the successful development and vibrancy of the district;
- Development and execution of a culture-focused marketing and engagement strategy, building regional brand affinity for Truckee Cultural District. This will imply maintaining a roster of artists, volunteers and arts and culture organizations to support outreach and coordination efforts with local arts community, the maintenance of a database of key press and media, the drafting of press releases, statements, blogs, op-eds, letters to editors and correspondence, and leading on the development of digital assets and content, starting with a website for Truckee Cultural District. It will also imply input, recommendations, content, assets and advocacy that helps Nevada County Arts Council, Visit Truckee-Tahoe and Truckee Chamber effectively promote the Truckee Cultural District and partners;
- Managing Truckee Cultural District’s Communications and Social Media Coordinator (a parttime non-exempt position of six hours a week, responsible for social media and regular newsletters);
- Supporting the evolution of Truckee Cultural District through Advocacy, and tracking progress toward goals. This will imply coalition building and relationship management; the development and maintenance of a database of key legislative contacts, supporting outreach to government officials, legislative bodies and other key policy partners, and coordinating advocacy materials as needed. It will also require familiarity with the California Budget timeline, and alerting Truckee Cultural District constituents and stakeholders to key legislative and advocacy touchpoints and opportunities;
- Liaising with California Arts Council, the Coalition of California Cultural Districts and Nevada County Arts Council, regarding the California Cultural District program, including attending meetings and responding to information requests;
- Providing community input and support for county-wide cultural planning and collaboration initiatives, liaising with Nevada County Arts Council and Grass Valley-Nevada City Cultural District, and support for Town staff regarding the Town of Truckee’s Public Art Program;
- Researching fundraising and grant opportunities to support Truckee Cultural District activities, and leading grant writing processes;
- Coordinating and reporting at quarterly Truckee Cultural District meetings, and monthly Truckee Arts Alliance meetings, coordinating follow-up among its team members;
For more details regarding qualifications: Visit: nevadacountyarts.org and truckeeartsalliance.org
Salary: Up to $65,000 per annum, commensurate with experience, serving a 40 hour week, with some evening and weekend work. The post requires a minimum commitment of one year.
How to apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to Eliza Tudor at firstname.lastname@example.org, copying TAA@nevadacountyarts.org, with “Truckee Cultural District Program Manager” in the subject line. Include your address, email and phone number on your cover letter, and contact information for your references. In your cover letter please cite relevant past experience.