As a Truckee Rents Mechanic, you’ll perform routine maintenance and repair of rental equipment and customer equipment, discuss equipment issues and maintenance plans. The ideal candidate will have experience with snowblowers, chainsaws, generators, lawn and garden and rental equipment and is looking for a year-round, full-time position. They are responsible for diagnosing, repairing and maintaining small engine equipment. This includes performing inspections, troubleshooting and providing excellent customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
COMPENSATION RANGE – $24.00 – $26.00/hr. DOE
*Must be able to work on-site in Truckee at the Truckee Rents store
- Paid Time Off (Vacation Pay)
- Paid Sick Leave (Sick Pay)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision health insurance available to all full time, year round employees
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401k with match
- Employee Store Discount
- Wellness Program
- CA Gold Pass Access
- Pro-form Discounts
Duties and Responsibilities
- Diagnose and repair small engine equipment, including but not limited to lawnmowers, chainsaws, snow blowers, and generators.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks such as oil changes, filter replacements, and tune-ups.
- Inspect and test engines and equipment to identify issues and recommend necessary repairs.
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems and provide appropriate solutions.
- Complete service and repair orders accurately and efficiently.
- Provide excellent customer service by addressing customer inquiries, explaining repairs, and providing maintenance tips.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and ensure proper disposal of hazardous materials.
- Stay updated on industry trends, new equipment models, and repair techniques.
- Drive and operate a forklift
- Must own their own small engine tools
Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid driver’s license that meets our insurance standards for coverage.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a small engine mechanic
- Strong knowledge of small engine equipment and their components.
- Proficient in diagnosing and repairing small engine problems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical manuals and schematics.
- Familiarity with engine diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Detail-oriented with a strong focus on quality and accuracy.
- Effective communication skills to interact with customers and explain repair procedures.
- Strong commitment to workplace safety and following proper procedures.
- Basic computer skills for record keeping and parts ordering.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 years related small engine mechanical experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registration:
- Valid Class C Driver License with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by Mountain Hardware and Sport’s insurance carrier.
- Prior HazMat or Spill training desirable, or trainable upon hire
At Mountain Hardware & Sports, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We choose to embrace, support, and thrive on each other’s differences in the workplace and in our local communities. Mountain Hardware & Sports is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.