The Senior Accountant works with the Director of Finance & Accounting to oversee the day-to-day accounting functions, including oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable. This position is responsible for all aspects of the general ledger, as well as financial statement review and assisting with budget preparation. Hybrid work schedule may be offered.
- Accounting degree, 5+ years’ experience in a high volume accounting environment, CPA a plus.
- Strong knowledge of overall aspects of accounting
- Ability to work in a fast, changing environment
- Ability to assess current processes and implement improvements
- Knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics accounting software strongly desired
- Must be very proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Office
- Ability to take initiative; strong analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other departments
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Perform all accounting functions, including:
- Preparation of journal entries
- General Ledger reconciliations
- Monitoring deferred revenue accounts
- Month end closing and financial statement preparation
- Responsible for the oversight of accounts payable and accounts receivable, including billing, collection and application of payments to homeowner accounts.
- Monitor and supervise daily revenue audit process, including revenue reconciliation and discounts.
- Responsible for the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly reports relating to pass sales, tickets sales, visits, and other reports as needed.
- Strong ability to implement process change and develop procedures to enhance efficiencies to move accounting processes forward.
- Prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts.
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and cash flow statement.
- Assisting in the budgeting process and information gathering.
- Assisting in the annual audit process.
- Provide accounting staff support and guidance in resolving operational challenges.
- Willingness to assist winter operations when staffing levels require.
- Work on various projects as assigned.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Go to sugarbowl.com/employment to apply.
Pay $75k/year – $85,280/year Dependent on Experience. Sugar Bowl is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.