The Recreation Lead is a highly visible position; friendly, outgoing and professional attitude are key factors. We are looking for someone to help us build our recreation program by taking members on hikes, assist with fishing at our pond and share their favorite spots in the area to go outside. The position ensures all standards are maintained while assisting in the supervision of daily operations of the Family Barn, multiple park locations, and a private trail network for hiking and mountain biking. In addition to coordinating recreation activities, events, and pick up sports, the Recreation Lead is responsible for assisting with the seasonal training of the recreation ambassador team. The Lead is responsible for supervising the recreation team to implement safe, clean, and fun facility experiences for Martis Camp Club Members and their guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Facility Operations & Safety
- Enforce Club rules of safety and conduct.
- Maintain all necessary records concerning Barn and Recreation attendance, injury reports, and incident reports.
- Ensure Barn Operations Manager is informed of any serious incidents, issues, complaints, or important changes to programs.
- Maintain and order Recreation inventory at outdoor Park and Family Barn Camp Hall during the summer.
- Executing parks opening and closing at the beginning and end of the season.
- Develop plan to coordinate recreation times for kid camps.
- Maintain facility appearance, organization, and cleanliness always.
Hospitality & Service
- Enthusiastically meet/greet/host each and every member, guest, prospect and fellow club and sales ambassadors upon entrance to the Family Barn Facility.
- Create welcoming environment to ensure the “best day, every day” experience.
- Have an intuitive understanding of member needs and making sure all recreation programs meet the expectations of the membership.
- Serve as point of contact for all Recreation needs.
- Ensure all promotional materials, collateral, and signage used and displayed within the Family Barn Facility are clear and current.
- Inservice training & participate, plan, and lead effective weekly staff meetings.
- Incorporate teambuilding exercises to ensure the team will perform as a team throughout the season.
- Provide staff conflict resolution and positive environment management.
- Plan, Promote, and coordinate a schedule for private outdoor activities for members.
- Researching and planning for new activities.
- Help with all facets of events pre, during and post.
- Assist in developing new and innovative activities that support ongoing programs and specific demographics within the Martis Camp Membership.
- Effectively communicate with Members regarding recreation and Family Barn event reservations, structure, and details.
- Plan, promote, and execute weekly adult programming and events including recreation leagues and clubs.
- Create and facilitate summer, weekend, and holiday family programming maximizing the usage and member engagement of the Family Barn facility.
- Serve as point of contact for all Recreation activities and events.
- Use POS to charge for recreation programs, events, and any guest fees.
- Organize, inventory, and purchase all recreation equipment sports supplies for the entire Family Barn facility.
- Organize and inventory staff uniforms.
- Manage lost and found articles.
- Recording an accurate history file of recreation events, activities, and lessons; write follow-up correspondence.
- Performing other appropriate tasks assigned by the Barn Operations Manager.
Family Barn Ambassador, general –
- Provide top-tier service to all members, guests, prospects and fellow ambassadors, specific to social, recreational and special event programs and activities.
- Enthusiastically meet/greet/host each and every member, guest, prospect and fellow club and sales ambassadors upon entrance to the Family Barn.
- Serve as a point of contact for activities and events within and around the Family Barn facility.
- Offer assistance for the proper use and maintenance of the Bowling Alley, Billiards, Games, Kids Korral, Camp Hall, Art Loft, Sunroom, Theater, Amphitheater, Concert Park Lake, Pool Deck and other areas inside and outside of the Family Barn. As well as the Park Pavilion, Springs Pavilion, Creekside Pavilion and Lost Library.
- Ensure all promotional materials, collateral and signage used and displayed within the Family Barn are clear and current.
- Answer phones and take reservations.
- Interact with other departments and ambassadors to promote Family Barn programs.
- Assist with monitoring and accurate recording of daily facility usage.
- Maintain Family Barn facility appearance, organization, and cleanliness.
- Assist in the facilitation of Family Barn events including Youth Programs, Folk School & Family Events.
- Event set-up and break-down duties.
- Perform other appropriate tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1+ year of Hospitality Leadership
- CPR & First Aid certified (training upon hire)
- Wide knowledge of outdoor activities and sports
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships with Members.
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate. (Training upon hire)
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Pre-employment background screen
- Ability to safely retrieve someone from the swimming pool (child or adult)
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to walk and stand up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to safely bend, kneel, twist, grip, and carry as part of above duties
WAGE RANGE: $19.00-$22.00 per hour
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer