Truckee Surgery Center is looking for a qualified Pre-op/PACU Nurse to join our team. We are a small surgery center servicing the Truckee/Tahoe area. We offer a flexible schedule to accommodate work-life balance. This is a part-time position with the potential to become full-time as our case load increases.
The ideal candidate is a registered nurse who, utilizing the nursing process, develops a plan of nursing care. Coordinates and delivers care to surgical and pain clinic patients of all ages. Coordinates the pre-admission process in collaboration with physician’s offices, Patient Registration, Anesthesia and Surgical Services Departments. Assists and supervises personnel in the admission, Perioperative, care and discharge of patients. The RN assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, directing, supervising, evaluating direct and indirect nursing care, and identifying outcomes for patients in the Perioperative setting. Pre-op and recover all operative services (Orthopedic, Podiatry, ENT, Facial Plastics, Urology, General, & Pediatric Dental). Works well with peers and surgeons and has a team approach.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assesses physical and psychosocial needs of patients.
- Plans individual care of patient/documents care plan.
- Implements and evaluates individual plan of care.
- Establishing nursing diagnoses.
- Providing health education, pre and post-op procedural teaching and discharge instructions to patients and significant others.
- Administering and evaluating pharmacological and other therapeutic treatment regimens.
- Establishing priorities and making ethically-sound decisions to ensure safe patient care.
- Assisting the physician during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to promote optimal patient outcomes by team collaboration.
- Responding to emergency situations to promote optimal patient outcomes by recognizing changes in the patient’s health status.
- Documenting patient data to ensure continuity in the provision and collaboration of patient care.
- Managing follow-up care.
- Works as a team member in the cleaning, restocking and maintenance of the surgical rooms; initials appropriate checklists.
- Completes educational requirements to maintain certification, if applicable. Seeks educational opportunities beyond mandatory requirements.
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Complies with System policies and procedures.
- License: California RN License
- Current CPR certification
- Current ACLS
- PALS within 6 months of hire.
- Preferred: Membership in ASPAN desirable.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision premiums covered at 100% (PT/FT Employees)
- 401k Plan after 6 months
- Aflac- A wide variety of voluntary benefits available to choose from.
- Paid Time Off (PT/FT Employees)
- Paid Sick Leave
- No call and no weekend shifts
- Compensation is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
This is a part-time position. Working Monday (1/2 day), Tuesday & Wednesday, and 1-2 Fridays per month. There is a possibility of becoming full-time, adding Thursdays, in the near future.