The pastry cook is an essential member of the Food & Beverage team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests. The pastry cook provides an enjoyable expertly created pastry experience conforming to Martis Camp standards of excellence for quality, professionalism, and friendliness.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute production schedule to meet business demands for all venue spaces as directed by leadership
- Planning, organization, and preparation of all food product as assigned by the supervisor
- Maintain production notes as daily work progresses and relates to the Banquet Event Orders
- Prepares desserts to order as per standardized or custom recipes
- Always provides the highest quality service to guests and co-workers
- Maintain cost-effective food and labor as instructed by leadership following Martis Camp standard recipes and menus
- Follows proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of the material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense
- Assists with opening, closing and months end inventory counts, and duties as assigned
- Sets up station prior to opening to ensure a state of readiness based on historical par levels to ensure adequate supply during service
- Store and properly handle ready to eat, raw, cooked foods and non-food supplies
- Follow temperature danger zone guidelines to ensure food safety
- Maintains a sanitizer bucket at proper dilution, always
- Ensures all products are properly wrapped, labeled, and dated
- Operates equipment (knives, fryer, ovens, slicer etc.) according to use and safety instructions
- Cook the exact number of items ordered by each customer or BEO, working on several different items simultaneously
- Requests inventory refills as needed on a timely basis to ensure adequate supply is always available for work schedule/guest requests
- Keeps work area clean, organized, and sanitary
- Cleans and organizes workstation at end of shift to ensure safety guidelines are maintained and the station is ready for the next shift
- Practices FIFO (First in First Out) for all products to ensure proper rotation
- Perform all skilled labor as classification dictates
- Lead by example
- Other duties as assigned by the kitchen supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must have basic understanding of health codes and knife skills.
- Able to learn and to work a singular station cleanly and efficiently within 1 week.
- Willing and able to absorb teaching/coaching in order to better themselves as a pastry cook.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Advanced knowledge and the ability to operate independently is required for this position
- The ability to operate, maintain, and properly clean kitchen equipment
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships within the organization.
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Minimum of 2 years culinary or related work experience
- State of California approved current Food Handlers Card
- High school education or equivalent (Culinary School graduate preferred)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk up to 8 hours per shift
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand, bend, push, pull, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, work with sharp knives and other objects, and walk.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and extreme heat
WAGE RANGE: $25 – $28 per hour
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer