Sierra Senior Services, Lake Tahoe’s Meals on Wheels provider, is seeking an Operations Manager for our Truckee office! Our mission at Sierra Senior Services is to deliver nutritious meals to older adults facing food insecurity that reduces isolation and enables them to continue living independently for as long as safely possible. Our vision is to create a Truckee/North Lake Tahoe community for older adults whereby hunger, isolation and loss of independence is eliminated. Come help us feed those in need!
The Operations Manager plays a vital role in the smooth functioning of our organization. This role encompasses various tasks, including volunteer coordination, office management, data entry, and vehicle maintenance, among other operational responsibilities. The Operations Manager will report directly to the Director of Operations.
– Manage and schedule volunteers, including tracking their hours for monthly reports.
– Train volunteers on the program and procedures to follow.
– Schedule volunteers and find fill-in drivers for routes as needed.
– Ensure all volunteers complete the necessary training.
– Help to recognize volunteers, possibly through social media or other creative means.
– Be prepared to fill in for missing drivers and assist drivers in case of emergencies.
Office Management / Data Entry
– Purchase office supplies and maintain inventory, including items in offsite storage.
– Ensure that office equipment such as printers are in working order, including supplies and repairs.
– Update resource and supply lists as needed.
– Collect and identify routes (not people) of donors for all donations from clients.
– Manage office phone system and accompanying software.
– Assist with the annual client survey.
– Enter donors in Gift Works, track all donations, produce “Thank You” letters weekly, and prepare reports.
Home Delivered Meals Management
– Pull cars around to the front and put them away when drivers return.
– Help load food into delivery vehicles.
– Organize emergency meal distribution (shelf-stable).
– Learn Meal Distribution software to act as a backup to the Director of Operations
– Manage delivery vehicles, including fueling and charging as often as needed.
– Schedule oil changes and address any maintenance needs (e.g., new wipers).
– Register the cars with the DMV.
– Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
– Proficient in data entry and office software.
– Fluency in speaking and writing of English; Spanish is a plus.
– Ability to manage and coordinate volunteers effectively.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
– Knowledge of basic office equipment and computer maintenance.
– Flexibility and adaptability to handle diverse responsibilities.
– Experience in volunteer management and scheduling is a plus.
– Familiarity with route management and vehicle maintenance is preferred.
– Ability to meet the General Physical Requirements, Physical Activities, Visual Acuity, and Working conditions.
– Valid Driver’s License
– Reliable transportation to and from the office.
– A Background check is required before hiring can be completed
– The position offers a competitive salary of $22 per hour for a 40-hour workweek.
– Bilingual candidates proficient in both English and Spanish will receive a salary of $23 per hour.
– After a 90 Day Probational period, a performance evaluation and potential raise will occur.
– Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week
Apply – Send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com