The Massage Therapist administers professional spa treatments to our members and guests. They must be experienced professionals and have a thorough knowledge of numerous industry modalities and be willing to train in our spa’s specific treatment menu offerings. They must have a professional presence, be skilled at timekeeping, and possess excellent communication skills. Spa therapists must be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary to effectively provide wellness solutions to meet the needs of our members. They must hold and maintain a current California state license.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa’s policies and procedures.
- Be on time for your shift, prompt with each appointment and perform services within the appropriate time allotted for the service.
- Provide consistent professional spa treatments in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices.
- Uphold the highest standards of customer service.
- Build relationships with membership, using their names and customizing their spa treatment and experience whenever possible. Capture personalized preferences in soap notes to ensure future spa visits are tailored to their expectations.
- Effectively inform and educate our members and guests about specific wellness concerns.
- Be flexible with your schedule, supporting the needs of the Spa.
- Complete required shift checklists, opening/closing responsibilities, and member “soap notes”.
- Maintain member confidentiality.
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of product to assist with cost controls.
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all services and products offered.
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock treatment room as required.
- Communicate any occurrences involving staff or guests in the spa that require attention to management.
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services and retail, as well as programs, promotions and/or discounts available.
- Handle members’ questions and concerns professionally and courteously.
- Provide accurate, appropriate and immediate responses to all requests by members.
- Possess the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute toward a quality work environment.
- Regularly attend, participate in and support training and staff meetings for the spa.
- Assist in all areas of spa operation as requested by management.
The Massage Therapist’s job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyzing, consulting and performing massage treatments in a professional and comfortable setting
- Directing all efforts towards member wellness and satisfaction
- Performing 60-, 75-, 90- and 120-minute-deep tissue, hot stone prenatal and Swedish massages and body treatments.
- Ensuring that the room is cleaned and sanitized after each treatment and at the end of each shift
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent interpersonal and guest service skills.
- Ability to interact and develop positive relationships with Members.
- Maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Positive energy and ability to work in a team environment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, AND LICENSES:
- Valid California State Board License
- Minimum of two years of professional spa therapist experience in a luxury resort or private club.
- Ability to perform a minimum of three modalities.
- Ability to lift up-to 20lbs.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, kneel, stand, twist, sit, and walk throughout the day.
- Ability to stand/ walk for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to twist, kneel, bend repeatedly when moving inventory, assisting members, and during site clean-up.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment.
WAGE RANGE: $15.50 per hour plus service charges for each treatment
Martis Camp Club is an equal opportunity employer.