Timberline Construction is a construction firm located in Truckee, California and is preparing for growth; while continuing our focus on high-level construction quality, innovation with sustainability, and outstanding customer services.
It has been 12 years in Truckee that we’ve been remodeling and building homes for our customers. Over the years we have developed a reputation for providing high quality work, done on time, in a professional manner. Our project sizes range from
$100k to $2M with plans to grow our project sizes and volume. Our mission is to become the industry leading construction firm in the Truckee-Tahoe area, and we are happy to announce that we are recruiting for a qualified Jobsite Superintendent to seek employment with our growing company!
At Timberline Construction, we value hard work, collaboration, education, dedication, and family. We strive to find the work- life balance and are committed to investing in our team’s success and education.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD BE A SELF-DRIVEN, HANDS-ON PERSON WITH A STRONG DESIRE TO BE A LEADER WITHIN THE CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY!
- Quality focused with strong attention to detail
- Ability to read plan sets, structural drawings and specifications
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes and equipment
- Positive attitude, competitive, desire to be an industry leader in our area
- Outstanding communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Conduct oneself with honesty and integrity
- Show good instincts for problem solving and dispute resolution
- Ability to take ownership of mistakes in order to be the first one to the solution
- Experience as a superintendent 5+ years
- The Superintendent is responsible for the coordination of work directed in the field and will ensure work is performed in accordance with plans and specifications. Conflicts or revisions to the plan shall be communicated with the project management team for resolution, prior to execution of work that deviates from the approved plans. The Superintendent shall establish and enforce job site quality control programs to ensure quality completion of construction.
- Superintendent shall supervise all subcontractors, and construction related vendors on a daily basis. This supervision shall ensure adequate manpower is available for each task and compliant work performed. Superintendent shall supervise any applicable Assistant Superintendents and/or Laborers.
- Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept secure, clean and organized.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
- Schedule and monitor subcontractors, consultants, and vendors to ensure timely completion of tasks, subtasks, individual units and the entire project(s) at hand.
- Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
- Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
- Maintain daily log (written and photography) of activities on the jobsite.
- Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
- Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
- Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities, inspect for deficiencies and assist in future planning.
- Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
- Coordinate homeowner specifications with project team and subcontractors.
- Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
- Fill out employee evaluation forms for all laborers, carpenters and foremen as requested
- Special projects as assigned by Manager(s).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000 – $100,000 per year, salary commensurate with experience.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Superintendent: 5 years (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company’s website, social media:
- Full-time employees eligible
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $100,000.00 per year