Mark Tanner Construction is the leading builder of custom homes in the Lake Tahoe and Truckee area since 1994. We specialize in creating livable, workable, and flexible spaces that meet the needs and inspirations of our clients. Mark Tanner Construction is not just a construction company, but a team that puts value and creativity behind every project.
The HMC Field Superintendent works with Superintendents – HMC to support client services for the Home Management Care department. This position performs home inspections, small maintenance
projects and assists with coordinating specialists and contractors to perform work on homes as needed. This position requires a strong attention to detail, ability to work independently and efficiently and complete tasks in a timely manner to the high standards essential for the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Communicates with clients, subs, designers and employees in a professional and effective manner.
2. Research and recommend work and materials needed for residential property maintenance based on client goals and needs.
3. Conducts walk through to check homes for things like water leaks, pests, storm damage, alarm system service and other potential costly issues.
4. Documents work performed and details time and materials required for work using computer applications.
5. May do snow shoveling, light cleaning and minor home repairs.
6. Works within a timeline for the home maintenance program keeping costs in mind.
7. Visits the site to ensure the project tasks are being performed appropriately.
8. Must be available for calls from clients on weekends, nights and holidays (this task is rotated among staff).
9. Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• One to two years’ experience with home maintenance care.
• Ability to use a computer and iPad for job tasks, including documenting work progress and email communications.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Understanding and knowledge of home maintenance related items.
• Problem solving items on and off site.
• The ability and integrity to work independently.
• Must be able to physically lift and/or move up to 50 lbs safely.
• Class C driver license with a driving record acceptable to the company’s insurance company.
• Health Insurance – 50% employee premium coverage upon eligibility and 100% after 5 years employment.
• Vision, Dental, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance plans available.
• 6 Paid Holidays.
• 24 Hours of Sick Time Leave.
You must sign in to apply for this position.