|About us:||PlumpJack is a hospitality management company and Lifestyle Brand that encompasses 12 operating businesses including: restaurants, bars, a boutique hotel, wineries, and retail stores. We hope that you will join us in our commitment to providing exceptional, personalized and professional service to our guests. We are as committed to our employees’ experience as we are to our guests. We strive to uphold a strong company culture where employee satisfaction is recognized and celebrated within our company.
|Purpose of the role:
|To ensure efficient, friendly and professional handling of arriving and departing guests. To check them into or out of their hotel rooms, to handle any special requests and to provide accurate and personalized information about the Truckee/Tahoe area.
|Responsibilities:||· To follow all specified procedures to properly conduct Front of the House business, including registering guests and assigning rooms; completing group pre-registrations and key packets; blocking room assignments and reservations; pre-registering VIP’s, comp rooms and special guests; processing adjustments and check-outs; answering telephones; handling cash, credit and check cashing transactions; filing room keys; handling mail and coordinating deliveries, including but not limited to faxes and messages; and to ensure that all pertinent information is made available to the next shift. As well as taking phone reservations.
· To develop and maintain a working knowledge and contact base of the local area, to be able to provide hotel guests and owners with information regarding points of interest, local services, location, cost, hours of operation, etc. Most importantly, to give our guests a real sense of the activity they are about to embark on
· To follow all specifications to properly handle cash and credit transactions and to maintain ones’ bank, ensuring the availability of an adequate cash stock to handle transactions throughout the shift.
· To follow all regulations to safe-guard guest valuables, including promoting the use of in-room safes.
· Communicate with Bell (and if necessary Housekeeping) to ensure timely delivery of guests’ luggage and/or mail, faxes, packages, etc. to guest rooms.
· To be familiar with all functions of the PBX and Reservations areas, in order to be able to assist, as needed, in these functions.
· To be completely familiar with all hotel information necessary to increase revenues and enhance customer satisfaction, including current rate structures and sales strategies: current special rates and restrictions: types and location of rooms and suites available; and services, costs, hours and location of all hotel amenities, facilities and outlets. To maintain awareness of current business levels.
· To actively promote the hotel’s services and grounds to guests, visitors and our owners.
· To be completely familiar with hotel emergency procedures, and provide, calm, reassuring assistance to guests and fellow employees in the event of an emergency.
· To react immediately, in a positive way to resolve guest complaints, problems and suggestions, when necessary, referring to House management.
· To monitor and maintain cleanliness and appearance of the House area, immediately reporting deficiencies to management.
· To read and follow-up on all vehicles of communication.
· To represent and market PlumpJack Inn in a positive and professional manner as requested and continually promote PJI internally and externally by attending special events when requested and building relationships both on and off property.
· Promote and comply with all policies and procedures of PlumpJack.
· Immediately report all suspicious occurrences and hazardous conditions and avoid injury to self and others.
· Maintain the cleanliness and safety of work areas and equipment.
· Attend all mandatory meetings as directed.
· Perform other tasks, including cross-training, as directed.
· Adhere to the attendance and punctuality policy as outlined in the PlumpJack Employee Handbook. To report to work as scheduled and be prepared to start work.
· To remain at work for the entire work shift, except for meal and rest periods or when required to leave on authorized PlumpJack business.
|· Mimum of two years experience in a customer/guest service job or its equivalent experience.
· High level of English fluency required.
· Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office
· Detail oriented, organized, and efficient.
· Diplomatic and calm with strong verbal communication skills.
· Courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
· Good team player. Customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable.
· Ability to ensure security and confidentiality of guest and hotel information.
|Working Conditions:||Works indoors throughout shift in temperature-controlled, clean, and well-lighted office and lobby areas. May need to walk, travel by cart and or van within the property and be responsible for off site errands where necessary.|
|Physical Demands:||Stands or sits at desk for extended periods for approximately 90% of shift. Walks approximately 10% of shift. Constantly required to interact with people of all kinds in a courteous, friendly, helpful and diplomatic manner. Bends, climbs, stoops and lifts to perform routine job tasks. Occasionally required to handle and move objects weighing up to 40 lbs. over short to moderate distances. Heavy use of phones, daily.|
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.