A Cook II is an intermediate position within our kitchen team. This person should have a natural passion for food and desire to grow as a culinary professional. We are looking for an individual with some experience in the profession, since this is not an entry level position. The ideal candidate should be able to prepare and cook food according to recipes, highest quality and presentation standards.
- Follow all company, safety, security policies and procedures.
- Communicate, using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees and management
- Learn and master new stations and responsibilities within reasonable timelines and clearly distinguish themselves from an entry level cook.
- Aim to achieve the next level of cook, by consistently demonstrating the commitment to quality, department and hotel policies as well as displaying pride in the profession.
- Prepare meals by reviewing recipes; assembling, combining, and cooking ingredients to Hyatt specifications
- Provide ideas suggestions towards menu items and specials
- Consistently maintain a sanitary and safe kitchen and work environment
- Adhere to proper food handling, sanitation, and safety procedures; maintain temperature and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) logs as required; and maintain appropriate dating, labeling, and rotation of all food items.
- Store food according to established standards and local law-requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of equipment, food storage, and work areas.
- Complete cleaning according to daily and weekly schedules
- Aim to be productive, professional and effective at all times
- Eagerness to learn
- Must be able and willing to train/work on any cooking line /department
- Learning multiple stations on hot cooking lines and departments with the culinary department
* Ability to guide entry level cooks towards most professional approach to work
* Requires excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrates desire and develops skill in ability to effectively operate within team
* Culinary experience or Culinary Diploma/Certificate desired
* Capable of performing repetitious activities
* Ability to stand for long periods of time
* Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
* Teamwork oriented and engaging, as well as striving to advance career within department
* Able and willing to train and perform on a hot food cooking line, mastering all stations
* Demonstrated knowledge and skill in ability to safely and effectively operate standard foodservice equipment
* Two (2) years culinary experience working in professional kitchen setting desired
* Interest to develop career and stretch comfort zone
* Flexible schedule availability; willing to work holidays and weekends
What You Will Love About Us:
- Come join our amazing location in Olympic Valley, CA in the Lake Tahoe Area
- Discount hotel stays for colleagues, friends and family
- Wellness & Tuition reimbursement
- Complimentary parking
- Complimentary meals during work hours
- Hyatt Perks which includes thousands of national and local partners for various discounts
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance eligibility after 30 days of employment
- 401(k) Retirement plan & Hyatt stock purchase plan.
- Paid Parental Leave
- Complimentary Golf
- Discounted Ski Passes!
Who We Are:
- At Hyatt, we believe in the power of belonging and cultivating a culture of care where our colleague’s become family. Since 1957, our colleagues and our guests have served as the heart of our business and made Hyatt one of the best hospitality brands in the world, with more than 1,500 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in 70 countries across six continents.
- We turn trips into journeys, encounters into experiences and jobs into careers. As we continue to grow—we never lose sight of what’s most important: People
- We are in a time of extraordinary transformation. Passion for personal travel combined with the explosive growth of global business has underpinned our growth for years. Hyatt is at the epicenter of the evolution of travel—and we are looking for passionate change makers to be a part of our journey. At the heart of Hyatt is our shared belief that hospitality is more than just a job—it’s a career for people that care
How We Care for Our People:
- Wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose — we care for people so they can be their best. We believe this focus on our colleagues is the key to our success and we’ve earned a place on Fortune’s prestigious “100 Best Companies to Work For®” for the last nine years.
- We’re proud to offer exceptional corporate benefits which include:
- Annual allotment of free hotel stays at Hyatt hotels globally
- Work-life benefits including wellbeing initiatives such as a complimentary Headspace subscription, and a discount at the on-site fitness center
- A global family assistance policy with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
- Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Our success is underpinned by our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture and we are committed to diversity across the board—from who we hire and develop, organizations we support, and who we buy from and work with.
- Being part of Hyatt means always having space to be you. Our global teams are a mosaic of cultures, ethnicities, genders, ages, abilities and identities. We constantly strive to reflect the world we care for with teams that achieve and grow together. To learn more about our commitments to DE&I, please visit the Why Hyatt section of the Hyatt career page.
- Research shows that women, people of color and others who belong to historically – excluded groups tend to apply to jobs, only if they met all of the job qualifications. Unsure if you check every box, but feeling inspired to enhance your career? Apply. We’d love to consider your unique experiences and how you could make Hyatt even better
Our Vales: Empathy | Integrity | Respect | Inclusion | Experimentation | Wellbeing