We are gearing up for our 2020 Summer Grand Opening of a new Mountain Hardware and Sports retail store located on Soaring Ranch Way in Truckee, CA in July 2020!! Work where YOU own it!
Greet and assist all guests of Mountain Hardware and Sports, connecting them to the product or service requested. Operates cash and credit transactions accurately and efficiently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Encourages and demonstrates the Mountain Hardware and Sports culture of exceptional guest service, teamwork, innovation, and fun! Works well independently and with others. Enjoys “pitching in” whenever and wherever assistance is needed. No job is too small for any of our employees, if it serves our guests. Conducts and shows a high level of professionalism and courteousness to all guests. Values our safety culture, our Core Values, values employee ownership and operation, our local community, and maintaining a healthy, sustainable environment. Asks questions, shares concerns, or gives ideas on innovation and efficiencies that improve both the guests’ and employees’ experience.
- Execute cash and credit transactions with customers
- Scan products and collect payments
- Issue receipts, refunds, and change; acting as point person for customer service issues
- Greet customers when entering and leaving establishment
- Resolve customer complaints
- Maintain clean and tidy checkout area
- Reception responsibilities to direct calls to the appropriate department
Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties:
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and courtesy.
- Outgoing and friendly
- Communication and time management skills
- Attention to detail and mathematical skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Ability to stand for an extended amount of time
- Point of Sale system knowledge is a plus
- Previous hardware and tools knowledge is a plus
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and enjoy being part of a team
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Ladies and Gentlemen Need Apply.
- Must maintain a well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Must be able to wear a uniform.
- Must enjoy serving people and having fun!
- Must display top notch customer service skills.
Mountain Hardware & Sports serves a small town, with BIG time selection! Since we’re 100% employee owned and operated here, we have a unified and cohesive goal: to serve our community and provide outstanding customer service. Our ownership culture welcomes collaboration and stands by company transparency. We strive to offer long term reliability to our employees and community, hold our commitment to customer satisfaction in high regard, and help to serve as a proven local economic engine for our community and its members. We work in the mountains, live in the mountains, and love the mountains, and we hope you will join us at Mountain Hardware and Sports.
Proudly 100% Employee Owned and Operated – Work where YOU own it!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time